As Biden spends millions on hotels
A massive immigration holding center in Texas is hardly being used amid the worsening border situation as the Biden administration instead opts to dole out multimillion, taxpayer-funded contracts to house families in hotels.
The Biden administration has spent $87 million to put families in seven hotels across Arizona and Texas rather than place them in similar permanent family facilities, according to two people familiar with the administration’s plans.
Sources said the Karnes County Family Residential Center is far better equipped to hold hundreds of families even amid the coronavirus pandemic but claimed Biden officials are making a “PR play” and are concerned about the “optics” of holding people at a facility that is operated by a for-profit group. Hotels holding families are overseen by the Family Endeavors nonprofit group and are not required to be licensed because they are not holding people more than 72 hours.
- Former Homeowner Refuses to Move Out; New Owners Stuck with Infuriating Task
- Op-Ed: One of Biggest Mortgage Firms Is Launching a Plan That Will Seriously Hurt Homebuyers
- COVID Vaccine for Pets Announced: Works on Cats, Dogs and Many Other Animals
- Op-Ed: Leftists Are Trying to Talk America Into Killing Herself – And It’s Working
- David Hogg Abandons His Pillow Empire After Boasting About All the Jobs It Would Create
- GOP Challenger to Scandal-Plagued Cuomo Rakes in the Cash on First Day of Campaign
- YouTube Yanks Video of DeSantis Roundtable Because Some Scientists Disputed COVID Orthodoxy
- Forensic Pathologist: If We Found George Floyd at Home with That Amount of Fentanyl and Meth, It Would Be an Overdose
- Civil Rights Attorney Leo Terrell Levels Geraldo Rivera After Smug ‘Ghetto’ Question Backfires
- Austin: Dems’ ‘Voter Suppression’ Pandering Infantilizes Minorities & Discourages Self-Sufficiency
- Attorneys Reveal Ruthless ‘Torture’ of Imprisoned Capitol Riot Suspects, One Left Partially Blind with His Face Smashed Like a Tomato
- Op-Ed: Justice Blackmun Once Stood for Dependent Children’s Protection, Then Came Roe v. Wade
- Human Rights Court Rules in Favor of Mandatory Vaccines to ‘Protect Every Child’
- High School Track Coach Goes Scorched Earth After Masks Were Forced on His Competing Athletes
- Military Junta Reportedly Seizes George Soros Foundation’s Bank Accounts