The AS1-X is the most versatile of the mechanically set retrievable packers and may be used in any production application. Treating, testing, injecting, pumping wells, flowing wells, deep or shallow, the AS1-X is suited. The packer can be left in tension or compression, depending on well conditions and the required application.
A large internal bypass reduces swabbing when running and retrieving. The bypass closes when the packer is set and opens prior to releasing the upper slips when retrieving to allow pressure equalization. The J-Slot design allows easy setting and releasing; 1/4 turn right-hand set, right-hand release.
The AS1-X 7K Mechanical Set Retrievable Packer has the ability to withstand pressure from above or below with differential pressures of 7,500 PSI.
· Holds pressure differentials from above or below
· Can be set using tension or compression
· Only one-quarter right rotation is required to set and release
· Field-proven releasing system
· Optional safety-release features available upon request
· Elastomer options available for hostile environments
· Bypass valve is below upper slips so the debris is washed from slips when the valve is opened
· Field-proven design is versatile; meets most production, stimulation, and injection needs
· Can be run with a Model GT-2 On-Off Tool
· Can be left in tension, compression, or neutral position
· Bypass valve opens before upper slips are released
· Ideal for use with fiberglass tubing
· Effectively meets several requirements for zonal isolation, injection, pumping, and production
· Full opening gives unrestricted flow and allows the passage of wireline tools and other accessories